An excellent job man ! I love your work, you deserve much more users :o When I'll be good at it, I may make some tutorials about your game engine (in french) on my channel (not yet sure though).
A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Cerberus X is a cross platform development tool based on Monkey X from Mark Sibly.
Its easy to learn programming language allows you to create apps or games on multiple platforms. To achieve this, Cerberus X translates source code to native source code of one of the different target platforms and creates an executable for you.
Cerberus X is mainly designed to create 2D games, with a powerful set of APIs that make it easy to draw lightning fast graphics on all supported platforms. Because of its light weight engine, the binary sizes of the created apps are very small and they run like any other application that was developed natively.
Compatibility with Monkey X
If you know Monkey X, you can use Cerberus X right away. At the beginning, Cerberus X is mainly a rebrand of Monkey X which is maintained, but it will evolve over time. We will try to make sure, that it will always be backwards compatible with your existing Monkey X source code. This is super important to us, so be assured that your existing knowledge is not wasted.
Cerberus X ships with its own feature rich IDE. The documentation will help you learn the toolset easily. It also has a proprietary lightweight framework called Mojo for creating games. With a powerful set of APIs that make it easy to draw graphics super fast! You can play audio easily, draw text and get input from your game controllers.
Supported target platforms
- Desktop (Windows, OSX, Linux)
- Windows Phone 8
- AppGameKit Desktop (Windows, OSX, iOS)
- Cerberus X v2019-05-05 released!49 days ago
- Cerberus X v2018-12-30 released!Dec 30, 2018
- Cerberus X v2018-08-10 releasedAug 10, 2018
- Cerberus X v2018-05-24 for Linux released!May 27, 2018
- Cerberus X v2018-04-21 releasedApr 21, 2018
- Cerberus Version 2018-03-02 releasedMar 02, 2018
- Bug fix release plus first Linux binaries!Jul 21, 2017
- New Cerberus binaries are thereJul 14, 2017